1st Birthday Party and Christmas collide

A few months ago, I was speaking with my best friend about my son's first birthday party. Naturally, I planned to have a Mickey Mouse themed party since Gavin seems to love Mickey. While talking, we realized that my wonderful home was going to be a winter wonderland during the party. Gavin, being one of those lucky children, was born a short time before Christmas.  As a holiday baby myself, the 4th of July, I understand the challenge of having a birthday that can be overshadowed by other holiday decorations.

So, in an effort to go "over board", my friend and I have taken on the task of creating the perfect Mickey party.

The first plan in our grand scheme, to give the right feel from the first moment people are invited. A.K.A: The Invitations!


We used a Cricut to cut the Mickey heads, and glued "pants" on with real buttons for a nice embellishment.  We slid the small cutout (thanks embellishment scissors) invitation into the pants.
I downloaded a Walt Disney (FREE!) font, and created the wording:
The envelopes were run through the printer so they had Disney font as well, and the return address was "Gavin's Playhouse".

Right now, I'm working on signs for the food, a wreath for the door, a topiary for the table, 2 banners, and several other projects.  For other ideas, email me @ jess7483@gmail.com, but for now, here's the start of a wonderful party!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse 1st Birthday Party (on a budget too!)

Birthday on a Budget