Mickey Mouse 1st Birthday Party (on a budget too!)

Gavin's 1st birthday went off without a hitch! AND we managed to do it all on budget.  We had 40 people attend the party. First, the groceries were purchased at my favorite grocery P-lix. They often do B1G1 Free, so for the weeks prior to the party, I stocked up on what I could freeze that I needed. All total we spent around 127 for the food. Here's how the table turned out: 



I ended up printing off pictures for kids to color (free to print!!!!) from Disney Jr. Great idea, keeps kids busy, and it's FREE!  I printed a sign for the kids to know it was ok to have fun:
The sign reads: Mickey's Masterpieces.

Here's how the decorations all turned out: 


Another way it was made a success (and remained on my $150 budget) was that my wonderful friends MADE his birthday cake and smash cake. The smash cake is the invitation and the birthday cake is the club house:



AND the results of the wonderful party!






I also made Mickey & Minnie ears (grand total of 12 dollars!) for people to wear for photos. Purchase black headbands ($5) then foam with a sticky backing (from the local arts and crafts stores). When you cut them out, make sure you cut a circle, leave a square then the next circle. It will allow you to have room to bend the ears around the headbands.  Also, we had Mousekatools. More photos will come as my family and friends upload them. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1st Birthday Party and Christmas collide

Birthday on a Budget